Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How to download

Charity

This topic is 3496 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have hunted everywhere in FMS admin honestly I have.  I have served my files and I have been changing them and now I want to zip a set so I closed the files or should I get the backup?  I know I must be careful.  There should be a button in FMS admin which when I select a file, it closes it nicely and presents a download dialog.  Yes I am backing up also but I have iPad files and I want to keep them together as a set.

I do see that I can email a file to myself but is that safe?  I thought they should be zipped before emailing files.

Does it hurt FM if I put the iPad GUI on my desktop to test connecting to FMS served file?  It seems it would be easier since I am still making changes to the iPad file and I can't make them on the iPad.  I do not have a second computer to use and I read that Pro and server should never be on same computer but I have no choice.

Will I hurt anything?  Thank you  Wim. I am new to this and I read like crazy but either I forget or it is not listed anywhere these things I ask.

I got the backup copies okay, so thank you there also.

Oh to explain a UI for iPad connects to served file which I have running on FMS.

Oh and thanks to LaRetta I have Mac and iPad now so I am having a blast studying

It must be very bad because I keep getting this "Filemaker cannot share files using this computer because it is already shared."  So how can I design on the iPad file if I can't put it on my desktop?

Well I got it to work.  But I still get messages about 'cannot share because another file is sharing' and if I turn it all off I get the opposite 'must turn on sharing to share.'

Is there anywhere where this is explained?  I do not know what to set in the Sharing part on any of my files.  If a file is served with FMS does sharing have to be on or off?  What about it data file?  What about the iPad files?  Are they shared or not?  Please help because these messages are driving me nuts.

This topic is 3496 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.