Cross Platform Problems with Formatting

Answers

This topic is 3480 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am currently updating a runtime solution that we have been using for 14 years, it is designed for crossplatform use. I am using Filemaker 13 advanced and doing my work on a Mac (Mavericks). When opening it in a windows enviroment the buttons/fonts look differently and aren't lined up correctly. I used fonts that are available on both platforms. I'm not sure what the solution is, I'm including screen shots as an example.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. We are almost ready to roll out our solution.

Thank you!

Caroline

post-65628-0-75533100-1412607855_thumb.p

Exception PC screen shot.pdf

There really is no such thing as a font that displays identically cross-platform. Selecting Verdana on both gets you closer, but there is no avoiding that final tweak on the intended OS. Also, runtimes must be created on the OS for which it is intended. That is, you'll need a Mac Runtime and a Window Runtime.

-Barbara

PS: You also do understand that runtimes are NOT multi-user, right?

There really is no such thing as a font that displays identically cross-platform. Selecting Verdana on both gets you closer, but there is no avoiding that final tweak on the intended OS. Also, runtimes must be created on the OS for which it is intended. That is, you'll need a Mac Runtime and a Window Runtime.

-Barbara

PS: You also do understand that runtimes are NOT multi-user, right?

Yes I do know that I have to create a runtime version for each OS, we already have runtime versions in previous versions of Filemaker. Previously it the menus etc... appeared the same on both.

This topic is 3480 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.