Cloned Downloads Corrupting..

This topic is 3504 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

users will download a clone from the server - do an initial sync - leave and add a a lot of data - when they return to the office when they start to sync we are getting the message that the file is corrupted instructing them to recover in FileMaker Client.

I have managed to obtain the files recover the file and send it back to that users's iPad so that the user can sync the data that that file contains.

(evening worth of inspections including photos)

that seems to work but i am just not sure why were seeing more of these corruption issues.

Hi Stephen - I don't know why these files would get corrupted either. I don't think that this is a MirrorSync issue; remember that all MirrorSync operations on the client are native FileMaker scripts. No plug-ins, no Java, no helper applications, which means that it should be impossible for MirrorSync to damage the file, even if we were trying to.

If you search for 'FileMaker Go corruption', you'll see that this is an issue that other people are encountering. In particular, be sure to tell your users not to quit FileMaker using the multitasking app quit UI, based on this article: http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10184/~/terminating-the-filemaker-go-application-from-the-multitasking-bar-can

Thank's Jesse, It may be user error. I guess it would be a good idea to take the HUB offline and run recover on that file perhaps there is something there that is being propagated when the server makes a clone and sends the clone to the iPad. 

I will inform the users to properly exit FMGO.

This topic is 3504 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.