FMWebFrame: FYI PHP Notices/Warnings

This topic is 3443 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Tim

Just testing out FM WebFrame for my first time, starting with Container Uploading.

I'm using your Demo (on my server) and when I first loaded the site in my browser, I got
Notice: Use of undefined constant nickname - assumed 'nickname' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/FMWebFrameDemo/FMWebFrame/settings.php on line 91

& similar for lines through 95.

Wrapping each of those keys in quotes seems to fix the Notice.

(I also got:
Warning: date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date</a>]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for 'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in /Library/WebServer/Documents/FMWebFrameDemo/application/ui-template.php on line 127

so I added 

date_default_timezone_set('America/Los_Angeles');

to settings.php, although I realize you may just expect developers to do that on their own sites anyway.)

PHP 5.3.28 on OS X

Just thought you might like to know.

Thanks for building this!

Best,

-Joel

Joel --

Thanks for the heads up. I think you're seeing these notices and warnings because of how PHP is configured. In any case, I've adjusted the code, and you'll see these addressed in the next version (which is, hopefully, coming soon).

Please let me know if you see any other notices or warnings, or if you have any suggestions for future versions.

-- Tim

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 3443 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.