FM11 running under 10.10 Yosemite?

Justin P.

This topic is 3324 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I cannot get FMP Advanced 11.0.4 to run under Yosemite. Anyone else seeing this? I get the Java 6 Runtime message as described here:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14038

... but it is not plugin related (as I have deleted all 360 Works and other plugins in an attempt to get running).

Is there a risk to other systems if I install the legacy Java SE6 listed here?

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572

Bit of a blocking problem for me on my main work machine (have a backup Mavericks machine still).

Thanks for any advice.

Not supported: http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13951/related/1

You really really really should not update your main development machine to any new OS without some thorough testing before (which you can do on a spare machine through a virtual machine).

I had seen their KB article. They really didn't say "not supported" as much as "we haven't really tried, so who knows!", which is why I was asking how the community has fared. Also wanted some feedback as to what installing Java 2014-001 may disrupt. Anyone gone down that path?

Indeed, this is my machine with the biggest screen (and it was the one I chose to test on as it has the least amount of work disruption potential), but I have an alternative in place.

We are still on Filemaker Pro 11 and I just upgraded my machine to OS X Yosemite, v.10.10.

In the Finder I highlighted the Filemaker Pro Advanced application and selected Get Info.

I then checked "Open in Low Resolution."

Thereafter, Filemaker Pro Advanced 11 has appeared to work fine (or as well as it did in Mavericks).

Hope that helps.

An interesting thought, but my test stopped when I found that my Get Info does not feature such an checkbox!

(Indeed my field size, created and mod fields are different, though exact same version listed 11_0_4)

Now I am more curious...

• 4 months later...

hi Cahill and welcome to FMForums,

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "FileMaker Pro 11" to "Web Viewer”.

The general topic areas are reserved for the discussions on the new tools, features and functions that were new to the release of that version of FileMaker, and are not for asking how to questions.

If you have any questions about this action please contact me by Private Message.

Lee

PS, please upgrade your profile to reflect the current version of FileMaker Pro operating system and platform. Here is a quick links for your convenience. MY PROFILE

Edited by Lee Smith
Added PS

Many thanks for correcting my mistake. This has been a problem for a number of colleagues as well, who have upgraded to Yosemite and then found it breaks our Filemaker Server database. We're running FM Server v. 11, and so are tied to clients at FM Pro v. 11. The URLs embedded in the web viewer work fine in Safari or other web browsers - they simply point to an Apache server running on the host machine (an iMac), which show a jpeg image in a directory. But in Yosemite the web browser in FMP11 is blank. If this is fixable I would be tremendously grateful!

Many thanks,

Nick

I've looked into this more and perhaps it's a permission issue. Web Viewers work fine except for the use I want them for, to show images on the same iMac server that hosts Filemaker Server 11. The web viewer is simply showing the contents of a field that contains the URL to the image on the server (just a path); this URL works fine in Safari. FMS uses the server authentication to control permissions, and we have always had to log in twice, once to get into the database, and once to show the image in a web viewer: you immediately get a message "To view this page, you must log in to this area on [ip]:80: Browse access /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default. Under Mavericks and Windows this system works fine. However, in Yosemite that login doesn't seem to be working the way it does under Mavericks, and the image never gets shown, it just sits there with the status bar saying "Loading "http://......". Safari knows we've logged in, and once authenticating in FMPro, we don't have to authenticate again in Yosemite. Does anyone have experience in anything like this? Many thanks,

Nick

This topic is 3324 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.