Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Migrating data via Import results in question mark in calc fields

This topic is 3485 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When importing data to matching fields, I have three unstored calculation numeric fields that are displaying '?' and all downstream dependent fields do also.

I have a solution that was originally developed in .FP6. I skipped FMP12 and moved it from FMP11 straight to FMP13 with no data problems during migration. It has about 25 tables and this one particular table has over 2000 fields of every type. The solution has recently been migrated from FP7 format to FMP12 with no problems. Now, that data is being moved from one FMP12 file to another via a matching field import. The fields are storable, unstored numeric calculations. I've tried storing them and tried various indexes when stored but no matter what, the fields result in a question mark. This is only happening on three fields.

Just as unusual, after the Import script step, I added a Commit, then a Replace script step to a field that is referenced in the calc field. I'm replacing the field with itself. This results in a zero value. If I do this manually or by a script step after the import, it updates the field normally and the field(s) with the '?' display the value they're supposed to. Also, after the import, I can click in-and-out of a referenced field and that will fix the problem.

I fear this is a bug in FMP13 and/or it's related to the depth of FMPs calculations as these fields are deep in dependencies.

I'm hoping that by now someone would have seen this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Doug - Thanks much for the feedback. I saw that too but it was before I realized I had this problem and I already forgot about it.

I probably have 50 to 100 occurrences of the evaluate function that these fields each depend on. Looking at the article again - in light of my question - made me think about my custom functions and I found that there's one cf I have that includes a variable that wasn't populated during import and *that* was my problem.

I got there indirectly but this gave me a kick in the brain cells and looking in the right direction. 

Thanks again!

This topic is 3485 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.