Push Failed -2.1

This topic is 2695 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Our application just started giving Push Failed errors on sync from mobile devices.  However, an older version was not failing on the same iPhone, leading me to think its not a server issue.

The error text: "The attempt to push data to the server has failed.  (The message received from the server was: "-2.1")

In our application, though, we have no data to actually push - no one is allowed to update records on the mobile device.  However, the sync process has to go through all its motions in order.

I will start to troubleshoot (the NGS directory app), but if you had something I could check first that would be great.  I don't think I changed anything on the sync process, except I did notice that the server name was hard coded.

Thanks, Tom

Tom --

The error is being reported via the "Push Payload" script in the mobile database, which it receives from the "Process Payload from Client" script in the hosted database. -2.1 is thrown when the server attempts to construct the payload from its segments. One of those segments (in this case, the first segment, indicated by the ".1" portion of the error code) wasn't found. 

The process doesn't normally get this far if a segment hasn't been received by the server. So I suspect that the Perform Script on Server step in "Push Payload" (at around line 160) isn't referencing the correct script ("Receive Payload Segment from Client") in the hosted database. 

Also, the latest version of EasySync (v1.3, which was released on 10/19) supports "pull-only" configurations. Therefore, you could eliminate the push phase of the sync process.

-- Tim

I disabled the line in the Sync With Server script: Perform Script: ["Push Payload"] and the sync now seems to be working.  Not sure what happened to break the push payload.

I also disabled the Go To Layout script step under #Display EasySync layout in its present form, Secify: Layout Name by calculation, and am using a duplicate step where I specify the layout directly, so I can change the layout name.

We have two layouts (portrait and landscape) for every iPhone size, 4, 5, 6, and 6+.  Depending on the platform and rotation the sync scripts all seem to need to start at the same place, even if later in the process they revert to their individual platform sized EasySYnc layout.

Thanks, Tom

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

Wow! Tom we both are in Richmond VA!!...

I'm getting the same (-2.1) error code. I'm using datatrium.com to host my solution. I've installed your solution multiple times with the same result. All the script links are correct. I saw you mentioned it may be a communication error, but your demo solution works just fine. I'm testing just a 20 text field form with only one field with content (for testing).

If have no records on my mobile side and press the sync button, it syncs just fine. BUT if I create a new record and leave it BLANK, I get the error message.

It's a PUSH ONLY solution. Please help, if you can:)

• 1 year later...

This topic is 2695 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.