help with linking tables to individual records

This topic is 3447 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am new to filemaker pro and have a specific question here. I have four different tables, each with an individual layout, that are gathering information on a specific transect line (we are collecting botanical data on many transects along rivers). I made a "general Information" table with a layout that has specific information I need to gather on each individual transect. The other tables are there to enter different data on individual transect lines. Here is my question. I created an ID field on my general information page to identify each transect. Whenever someone enters info into a record on other tables for that transect, they start by entering the first field on the record with that ID. Now, let's say I am on another table layout and scroll through all of the data entries from different transect lines. If I click on one transect line, for example, #MA13, how can I set up my database so that when I click back onto my "general info" page, the #MA13 record shows up? Right now I can only flip through the records to look back at the general info from that transect data. 

Thanks for your help!

Assuming you have a relationship (or rather relationships) between the parent (Transects?) table and the child tables, based on matching ID, you can use the Go to Related Record[] script step to move to the parent record (and layout).

I have four different tables, each with an individual layout, that are gathering information on a specific transect line

Do you really need four different tables for this?

This topic is 3447 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.