Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Display a flag on multiple layout

This topic is 3453 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have table with multiple layouts which have a field called "statusSD". I do have scripts which run et change the value of that parameters. IN order to have the field status displaying the right color, I always run the script call "Refresh all layout" to ensure the "conditional formatting is being triggered.

Is this the right way to do this?

P.S.: At the moment the commit record does not work. However the script is only to give you and idea of what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks!

Daniel

customChecks.zip

I'm not sure I follow what you're trying to accomplish, but it seems to work ok for me.

An alternative method could be using container fields in conjunction with the status field. You would make the  "custom checks" into PNG images and put them into your preferences table. Then, in LineItem table, make new fields called statusImage(i) (or something) which is a calculation field with the result being a container. The calculation would evaluate the status and then pull an image from the preferences table. Then then you can change the status and the image result will change based on a calculation. Something to think about, this method might actually be easier to maintain than your current method... It's the lesser of two evils.

Hope this helps.

This topic is 3453 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.