Updating records between two database files

This topic is 3420 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi guys, Miss A! here......

I really do not know how to word this one.......i have two database files, i have created a relationship and defined two lookup fields in database file one to look up data from related field in database file two, problem is lookup fields only updated on new records i am creating but the old records do not update. Problem is the records in file one are created first leaving the two lookup fields empty so that they update(supposedly) when a record is created in file 2. I do not know if i am in an impossible case here, i have attempted to use script but i can not access the other database 's layout when ever i am in the other database file and vice versa............really in a novice situation right now, help out please and i thank you!

Yes, relookup works but only by direct use from the records menu, ok thank you - What i want, for the sake of my end users, if i can use this step in a script then they only have to click a button for this action - i have tried but i am getting an error for the following steps:

Relookup Invoice Date&Number
Enter Find Mode [ ] [ Pause ]
Perform Find [ ]
Relookup Field Contents [ Reservati::Invoice_Number ]
Relookup Field Contents [ Reservati::Date_Invoice ]

Help please with scripting example - I would like for the relookup step to act on the found set as per criteria specified by the user when the script pause to accept input, his ti go about this?

O'yeeaahh, i would love to share, it is now working perfect, unless i have chunked in unnecessary steps, please do evaluate my script below:

Relookup Invoice Date&Number
//Commit Records/Requests
[ No dialog ]

Enter Find Mode [ ]
[ Pause ]

Perform Find [ ]
Go to Field [ Reservati::Tour_Number ]

[ Select/perform ]
// Check Found Set
// Commit Records/Requests

[ No dialog ]
Relookup Field Contents [ Reservati::Tour_Number ]
[ No dialog ]
// Relookup Field Contents [ Reservati::Invoice_Number ]
[ No dialog ]
// Relookup Field Contents [ Reservati::Date_Invoice ]
[ No dialog ]

I realised i was acting on the wrong fields(i am working on complete guesses, but am excited on whatever break through i get) so instead on setting relookup step on the relationship field(TourNumber) i was working it on the date_Invoice and Invoice_Number fields which are the destination lookup fields -

ohhh this feels good - *does novice excitement dance*

This topic is 3420 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.