A field layout as a button reacts different on MAC

This topic is 8056 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The goal:

On both macs and pc's - Without using a button (transparent to the user)- Activate a script after selecting an item in a value list.

Current Operation:

I have a field layout as a button (also using an invisible button) activating a script. The field has a value list. When clicking on the field the value list appears as a pop-up menu, the script pauses for 1 sec and allows the capture of the value list item, which,automatically resumes the script to update another db, and return to the original layout. The process works wonderful on a pc but won't pop the value list on the Mac's.

If I change the value list type it works on the mac - but the value list goes away when the pause expires.

Any thoughts other than replacing the Macs with pc's?

FLOWERS

On a Mac, menus only activate with mouse clicks. This is expected behaviour. A pop-up list will do what you want cross platform.

However, I've found any system that uses a temporarily paused script like this to be fragile and not very robust: it easily gets out of sync with user (try some testing on other people of different ability to see what I mean). I'd suggest giving the user a real visible button to click on. It'll simplify the scripting too.

I agree on the pause, however, on the pc the value list pop-up menu will remain open until an entry is made and the script works great with the pause. The pause is a problem on the pop-up list and your comments are welcome and appreciated. It looks like I am going to have the mac users have to rely on a button and the pc users can function automatically.

Thanks for your help...

This topic is 8056 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.