Server Maintenance This Week. ×

User account creation and privilege set from personnel records

benmort81

This topic is 3437 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello All,

This is a theoretical question as I am about to start my first project in FM and would like to know if this functionality sounds feasible:

I will be creating a DB of personnel records with various tables holding data about training undertaken, time-off, performance records, etc.

So every member of staff in the company has a record in the DB and is also a user of the DB. Is it possible to have records in the personnel table provision/inform the User Accounts in FM?

Also, I would like staff to be able to access only their own records, apart from Heads of Departments who will be able to access all the records of staff in their department.  Management will have the ability to access all personnel records.  Can the privilege set of a user be assigned based on the users role that is held in their record?

Thank you in advance,

Ben

You said..."So every member of staff in the company has a record in the DB and is also a user of the DB. Is it possible to have records in the personnel table provision/inform the User Accounts in FM?"

What do you mean by provision/inform?

You also said... "Also, I would like staff to be able to access only their own records, apart from Heads of Departments who will be able to access all the records of staff in their department.  Management will have the ability to access all personnel records.  Can the privilege set of a user be assigned based on the users role that is held in their record?

Accounts and privileges is exactly where this can, and probably should, be handled

Hi Kris

"What do you mean by provision/inform?"

I mean as an administrator, as I am creating records for personnel, do I also have to create accounts for the same personnel or can I use the records in the database to automate account creation?

Thanks for your help,

Ben

This topic is 3437 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.