consultancy needed: Access solution, migrate to FM or build new in FM

baumanb

This topic is 3392 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

we have Access database that does most of stuff we need. That is: contacts,orders,deliveries, products, production stuff... But we have overgrown it. We will have new one built in Filemaker. 
As I am totally uneducated buyer I need some help.  Is generally waste of time migrating Access database to Filemaker  then adapt and improve it?

Is somebody willing to consult?  Go through Access  application and give an opinion? 

PM me for more details if interested in taking the job of advising how to go on from here.

regards,

Boris 

There is not a lot that can be migrated directly so your FM solution has to be built from the ground up.  Looking at the existing solution may be useful to come up with a ballpark estimate.

What you need to do is list all the processes and workflows and indicate which ones you want to see changed over what is in the current system.

Hi Boris, and welcome to the FM Forums,

Please post a  method of contact, i.e. email, web site, private message (here).

Update your profile to reflect your FileMaker version, Operating System and Platform. Here is a quick link to do this MY PROFILE

It will be helpful to the Developer to see an ERD of your project. (ERD = Entity Relationship Diagram) BTW, this is not the same as the Relationship Graph.

Attn: Interested Developers, please contact via Private Messages in the interim.

This topic is 3392 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.