Server Maintenance This Week. ×

a few questions about the new version

This topic is 3416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

in the documentation it says

>>Use "..." after the parameter name, and that will be set as a List of Strings.

so if the variable is named thisVar...

If you return thisVar.class you get Java.util.ArrayList which means you can't run any of the methods on it meant for Strings, but you also can't run any methods for an array either, like thisVar[2] or thisVar.size()

If thisVar is

aa

bb

cc

If you then do thisVar + 'n' + 'newvalue'

the answer returned is i.e. with 2 added carriage returns not one

aa

bb

cc

newvalue

The main reason for wanting this to work properly is that .tokenize('n') as you know removes blank values, so I currently pass a single space and have my own closure to deal with this

john

Got it figured I think. The documentation could do with being a bit clearer, in that it is not the the values inside the variable veto converted, but if you add multiple vars they get added to an array. The docs need to say this has to be the LAST variable in your list ( presumably as there is no other way to work out where to add extra values )

John, I'm afraid I'm not sure what you're referring to. Could you let me know the specific piece of documentation you're quoting, and what exactly you're trying to do? I'm glad if you've got it figured out, but I would like to make our docs as clear as possible. Thanks!

This topic is 3416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.