FileMaker Server 2012 R2 IP Address issue

physixz

This topic is 3378 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, i was running FMS13 on windows 8.1 pro but I am upgrading the network so I have built a new server thats running server 2012 R2. Ive installed FMS13 with all of the updates but the IP address that is displayed in the admin console is different to the systems IP address. The machine is setup to be the domain controller and hosts all of the profiles and is the file server for the network. The machine thats running 8.1 at the moment is then going to be upgrade to Server 2012 R2 and run the website and exchange server. Can anybody offer any advice? if you need to know anymore information just ask. Thanks

Edit. Forgot to say the machine has 3 network cards setup as a NIC Team but ive only got one plugged in currently but it made no difference when i disabled the team.

Does it prevent FMS from hosting the files are the clients from accessing the files?  If not then don't worry.

Was FMS installed before the NIC teaming was done?  FMS "binds" itself to the first NIC found (the one with the 0 index) and it sounds like that card had an IP address at the time that is different than the teaming one.

The NIC team wasnt setup when i installed FMS. I have since created the team several times but it didnt make any difference. I have now configured the team and switch manually and the IP address FMS is showing at the top in the admin console is the same as the machine IP but the one for the webserver is different still. I couldnt access the databases at all but now I can through the web browser and im currently installing a copy of FM pro to try a local connection.

Try to access the FMS sample file from a copy of FMP on the LAN first.

Since you only set up the teaming only after installing FMS, you may get better results completely removing FMS (and its remaining folders) and make sure to reboot after that.

When you then reinstall FMS you can go through the deployment wizard again to connect to the web server.

• 4 weeks later...

I setup the firewall with the above ports and in FMP i cannot see teh databases but i can click the link in favorites from the old server as we have used the same ip address as the old server. but with the new clients i cannot see any databases at all. any ideas?

On the new clients; can you see the server itself listed in the "Open Remote > Local Hosts", but not the files?  Or does the server itself also not show up?

If the latter; are the clients on the same IP subnet as the server?  FM uses bonjour to locate the server from the client, but that does not traverse subnets.

on the both new and old clients the server is listed when you select open remote but there are no databases listed. on the older clients you can select the old server databases from favorites as its using the same ip address. the server is on that same subnet as the clients.

This topic is 3378 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.