Perform Script on Server Error

This topic is 3375 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am attempting to build a set of found records and then Import them into another table using the Import Records script step inside of a script that is being performed on the server.  When I call the PSoS script, I am current getting an error 100: The file cannot be found when I try to call the Import Records script step and use the name of the Filemaker File.

According to the tech docs @ Filemaker, this Script Step should be supported by PSoS with 2 notable exceptions; File, where the garget for the import is 'New Table' or 'Import - Folder'.  (Unless I'm incredible obtuse and 'New Table' doesn't actually mean "new table" but instead "any table you did not start the Import on", in which case I leave you here...)

I did find one post on the Filemaker Forums that seems to indicate as such http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/bce8abbd1a but I want to make 100% sure that this is the case before giving up.

From - http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7035/~/import%2Fexport-script-on-filemaker-server

"Importing/exporting directly to and from another FileMaker Pro file is not supported via a FileMaker Server scheduled script."

You can export the records to a mer file in the documents directory or the temp directory and import from the mer file.

From same document -

"Important: In order to import/export to another FileMaker Pro file via a FileMaker Server scheduled script, the script would need to export the records from the FileMaker Pro file to one of the below valid paths and then import the records from this file into the other FileMaker Pro file."

Psos and Server Scheduled Scripts should operate the same on the server

This topic is 3375 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.