Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Mixed ID configurations

This topic is 3383 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an ID question (I looked at the documentation however was unclear).  I started using UUIDs when they came out in Filemaker 12 however prior to that I was stringing together a serials/timestamp/record ID/username (to sort of concoct a pseudo UUID) in the database I would like to use Mirror Sync with.

Can I keep the “blend” of IDs that I am using right now (some records across different tables will have the same ID)? Or do I need to convert to all UUIDs?

Thank you Jesse,

My plan is to have a server-server sync setup. So during setup would I select "MirrorSync Managed" for the Primary Key mapping?

My ID example that I have is two tables: Customers and Vendors... Customers/Vendors prior to 2012 had IDs made of serial numbers (so there will be records in each table that share the same serial number ID) and after 2012 I switched to UUIDs.

If I could ask a side question...with the server-server sync I want to have a three server setup (1 hub and 2 spokes). Is that possible with MirrorSync? Do I only need one server-server license?

Thank you again Jesse

This topic is 3383 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.