Sign in to follow this  
GisMo

Searching For Email Yields No Found Records

I feel like I'm totally missing something here...I'm searching for an email address in a contact layout. 

Manual Steps:

I look at a single contact record, copy the email, enter find mode, paste the email in the email field, press enter. 0 found records. I should have at least one found record.

Alternatively, I've setup a table relationship to do a similar thing by connecting email and it seems to work to, but I need the search to work...(It must be something simple that I'm overlooking.)

Thanks

:logik: Resolved. I need to substite or replace the "@" for a space and the search works. @ is reserved for finds(I don't I've ever used it before).

You can use the escape character on an operator which makes it text so your find would look like clifford@nakao.com or quotes clifford@"nakao.com

• Like 1

Thanks for pointing that out...I use that all the time for using literal quotes (") with SQL statements.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By mvoogt
      I have started sending emails using the INSERT FROM URL method shown by soliant here:
      https://www.soliantconsulting.com/blog/html-email-filemaker/
      Emails are being sent out but many recipients seem to be getting my emails sent to their spam folders. I'm curious if this has anything to do with this method of sending emails.
    • By DataCruncher
      HELP!
      This is driving me nuts. 
      Need to send emails with an attachment from server side script. 
      The attachment path calculates correctly, as far as I can tell. Permissions are 777 (I Know...), but the file still does not attach!

This is the variable calculation that yields the path: 
      "/Samsung SSD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/"&$filename

Only problem is: attachments don't attach!
      I have tried every iteration I could think of: 
      "filemac:/Samsung SSD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/"&$filename
      "/$filename"
      "<Documents>/"&$filename
      What am I missing here???

Thank you!! I can't believe I'm the only one who ran into this issue?
    • By 360Works
      360Works Portfolio Bundle: Build a complete solution in FileMaker at a fraction of the cost.

Save Money
      The 360Works Portfolio Bundle offers the best FileMaker plug-in deal around. You receive all of the 360Works plug-ins and tools for FileMaker at 75% off the cost of the entire product suite from 360Works, saving you a great deal of money in the long run.    

Save Time
      Additionally, it saves you time by providing one, single license key to register all plug-ins and add-ons in your FileMaker solution. You even save time with updates! The Portfolio Bundle is on our Maintenance model for licensing, this means that your purchase includes 12 months of maintenance, which gives you all new products and upgrades released up to a year after your Portfolio Bundle purchase. At the end of 12 months, you may choose to renew your maintenance subscription for each additional year, for a cost of $695 (or auto-renew at $625.50).

The Portfolio Bundle includes over 18 FileMaker products, some of which are exclusive to Portfolio Bundle license holders only. Here is a friendly reminder about all that it has to offer:

Download products and learn more today at 360works.com/portfolio.

360Works Support
      Our 360Works Support Team is dedicated to your successful use of 360Works plug-ins and add-ons. If you run into issues we offer 2 free hours of technical support Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (ET). Most questions can be answered at our documentation/help page and requests for support team assistance can be sent to support@360works.com

Stay updated with 360Works

• By Stickybeak
      I have a pretty simple document generation and management solution to which I would like to add an email capability.  I would like to be able to have my email attachments dealt with FileMaker so as to be given a unique name and allow me to save them to my HD all in Macintosh.
      Any body interested in taking on this task for me?
      I will buy whichever plugin will do the best job or suits the successful consultant.
      Management_Clone.fmp12
    • By 360Works
      360Works at DevCon 2018: Discount Extended!
      We had a great time at the 2018 FileMaker Developer Conference in Grapevine, Texas. Nothing gets the 360Works team more excited than demonstrating our products and meeting other FileMaker Developers! We are pleased to announce that we will be extending our DevCon discount until Friday, August 17, 2018. Enter code DEVCON18 at checkout and receive 15% off of your purchase!

Use the product table below to learn more about your favorite products and take advantage of the discount.
      At DevCon this year, Joe Martin demonstrated the brand new 360Deploy 2 for completely automating deployment of development changes to a production server and Jesse Barnum demonstrated a new version of MirrorSync, version 5, which has more convenience for end users and over 40 improvements to reliability, speed, and stability.

At our booth, the MirrorSync Setup Station allowed many DevCon attendees to return home with a fully functional sync setup and Richard Carlton Consulting gave out free FileMaker 17 training books at our booth this year!
      Click on any of our product links below to learn more or use the discount:
      Product Name Product Description 360Deploy Automated, simple deployment of new database versions Charts Easy-to-use charting for FileMaker CloudMail Send and track email marketing campaigns Email Send and receive text and HTML emails in FileMaker DocuBin Document and digital asset management FTPeek FTP upload and download from your FileMaker database JDBC SQL access with JDBC Compatibility MirrorSync Sync FileMaker Go and Pro on a device without network connection, sync FileMaker Servers, and sync FileMaker with SQL databases Plastic Payment processing plugin RemoteScripter Trigger scripts on FileMaker Pro from the web or IWP SafetyNet FileMaker Server offsite backup Scribe Read and write PDF, Word, and Excel files ScriptMaster Adds many new functions & create custom plug-ins SuperContainer A better container field Web Assistant Access internet resources, URLs, and fill out web forms Web Services Manager Publish FileMaker scripts as XML Web Services Zulu FileMaker calendar sync Stay updated with 360Works

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    Dr.Who 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.