Portal in a Popover Problem

This topic is 3367 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am working on a patient record DB.  To simplify text entry, I have a related Template table with fields displayed by a portal.  This relationship is global with:

Pt Record::key('1') ---->Template::key('1')

I want to provide the ability to quickly move blocks of text from a history text field to the Template text field to create a new template.  To do this, I have a popover that contains a portal to the Template table.  I hoped to be able to simply copy text, open the popover to a new Template record in the portal,  paste text, close and move on,  but I could not get this to work.

Thinking that it was a problem with the relationship, I created a second occurrence of the Template table

Patient Record:: Key ----->Template::PatientRecordKey

I created a portal with only one portal row showing (because of the size of the text field).   I was able to open the PO, create a new record in the portal and enter text as planned, however if I create more than one new Template from a patient record, I cannot get the portal to display only the new Template.  I can make it work with two rows, with a script to go to the last portal row, but the display is clunky with two large portal row blocks within the popover.  

I use the script below. 

I feel like I am making this too complicated.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

post-87379-0-53550700-1423001547_thumb.p

This topic is 3367 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.