Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Dropdown list for beginner

gildob

This topic is 3359 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi Folks, I'm very beginner on this platform, and may is a stupid question, but I tried to search post about this problem with nothing found

I have a simple dropdown list that retrieve values from related table ( CatID ; CatName) , when go to  layout mode I see only the CatID value and not CatName value

What's is wrong ?

Thanks in Advance

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks to me like you are actually seeing values from the second field, not the first.

Note in your value list setup where it says: "show values only from second field".  Turn that off and you will see values from both fields.

This part is not quite clear:

when go to  layout mode I see only the CatID value and not CatName value

I think you mean "after I have made my selection, I see the value from the first field (ID), not the value I have selected from the second field (Name)". All this while in Browse mode. That's how a drop-down list works: the value list plays a role only during the selection process. Otherwise the field displays the actual value that it contains.

If you want the field to keep displaying the corresponding value from the second field, change it to a popup menu. Or place the related Name field onto the layout, make it non-enterable, and position it over the drop-down field.

This topic is 3359 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.