Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Base 64 encoding

This topic is 3341 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi Tim,

Congratulations on fmeasysync - it's a wonderful thing that you and others have shared in this way.

I'd just started experimenting and had a little hiccup; at this stage I don't know if it's an fmes thing, or it's related to server issues.  I was setting up the fields etc on a file that is hosted (FMS 13).  The file includes an Images table with around 13k images.  (All quite small, kb-wise)  When I first entered the Base64 calc field, it took quite a while to process - obvious in retrospect but since I'd been following the instructions to the letter, I didn't think ahead.  That's not the real problem tho'.

Thereafter, I attempted to insert an image.  The scripting resizes it if it is > 300 kb.  Usually, if it's a few Mb, the upload (followed by the resize) will take around 3 mins.  After I added the base64 calc field, the process just kept going.  My patience expired at 17 mins and I force quit.  Would this new calc field have anything to do with it?

Once I'd removed the field, the process went back to normal.  In fact, removing the field also turned out to be fairly laborious, processing time-wise, but as I mentioned, there do seem to be concurrent server issues so it's a bit difficult to disentangle the observations.

Kind regards,

Mardi

• Newbies

Ok. I've deleted it all for now but I'll give it another go sometime in the next few days.  I was pretty certain that I'd followed the template but no harm in trying again.  Also, it was later confirmed that there was a simultaneous server issue (that had nothing to do with me).

Mardi

• Newbies

Somehow the concurrent server issues caused this problem!  After the server got some attention, I reinstated the field and all was good this time around.  No delay at all on the initial base64 encoding (I'm sure that even last time I had it unstored) and the scripting behaves normally.  I haven't proceeded yet with the rest of the setup as something else just jumped up the priority list but hopefully soon(ish).

This topic is 3341 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.