Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Weird drop down list anomaly value/appearance

TravisB

This topic is 3341 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a layout with a drop down list. The value list it uses is just a simple custom value list with two values. 

It shows a "o" in front of the value. I copy/pasted the exact same field on the layout and on the new one it appears normal/doesnt have the anomaly. (it looks like its a o or 0 in a small font, or possibly the degree sign - cant exactly tell which character it is.)

See pic to see the two fields side by side - I have absolutely no clue what is going on here. The simple fix for appearance would be just to delete the original value and use the copy/pasted field - but I'm worried that there may be something other than just an appearance thing going on.

post-106820-0-51028600-1425409157_thumb."

Is it still there when you activate the drop down? 

When you right click on it, and go to the arrange menu, do you have something grouped together?

Is there an object underneath the drop down (or on top)?

Is the drop down on a portal or tab control and maybe the text object is lurking on top or underneath?

• Like 1

Is it still there when you activate the drop down? 

When you right click on it, and go to the arrange menu, do you have something grouped together?

Is there an object underneath the drop down (or on top)?

Is the drop down on a portal or tab control and maybe the text object is lurking on top or underneath?

Fantastic questions. I moved the original field to another location and somehow that "o" character was placed right where it was. This database has been live for somewhere around 2 years and I'm currently doing development work for a new release. No idea how I managed to put that there. I'll blame both the placement and inability to figure it out on exhaustion.

Cheers!

This is very odd and I can't offer an explanation. In the short term I would use the copy, which seems normal, and delete the original from the layout. Move the copy to the location of the original. If it then displays the anomaly then there's something underlying the field "bleeding through' so to speak.

This topic is 3341 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.