Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Runtime solution issue

This topic is 3327 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi.

I developed a basic runtime solution (in FMP 13) which I need to change. Unless I am mistaken, then according to what I've read, then I can rename the FILE.FMPUR file back to FMP12 to modify it?  If not, then that's where I've failed.

http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/8a465e2cbb

If so, then my issue is that the information in the file that was the FILE.FMPUR is not what I see now.  

Anything jump out as to what maybe going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

OK - thanks Bruce. Yes - it opened fine, however,...

there is still information missing. Why would that be? Are there any other files in the runtime solution folder I need to consider? 

Something has gone awry and I cannot understand why.

Hi,

Yes, I believe it is a solution issue - my doing - not a Filemaker issue at all.  

Problem is that I outsourced a particular aspect of this task as I didn't understand how to do it. It's laid out like a spreadsheet - and maybe I should just brush up on Excel.

It's essentially a roster, and times are allocated to individuals, against a client, for 12 moths of the year.  Its one that uses tricky (in my opinion) fields and layout options and it's delicate - moving fields one pixel one way or another upsets it working.  (The chap that helped me is no longer available.)

The problem I'm getting is that whilst on the original runtime solution Jan to Mar has data in it, when I rename it and open it in FMP, only January shows, and the information is different to that of the runtime - I'm not sure why.

Over the years, this forum (a few individuals especially) have been very helpful to me, and whilst I appreciate it, I don't want to freeload either, so, at the risk of being told off for doing this in the wrong area, I am happy to throw somebody a few dollars (or services) on occasion when it's more than a 2 minute answer, to help me.

Is anybody interested?

Greg

This topic is 3327 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.