Sign in to follow this  
Tejas

Filemaker API Integration with PHP

Hi All,

I am using IIS 7 ,Filemaker 11 and PHP 5.2.17.

I have installed IIS and Filemaker 11 server correctly and also for the default site added in the handler mapping section the correct path for the FM webpublishing PHP which is 

C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\php\php5isapi.dll.

But when I run the php code then I get an error as :

PHP Notice:  Only variable references should be returned by reference in C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\php\FileMaker\Command.php on line 126.

Can any1 please help?

Thank you in advance.

I think I ran into the same problem with FMS 10 and PHP 5.x .  It went away when I installed FMS 12. The change from PHP4 to PHP5 apparently broke some of the original API code.

You could try to download and install FMS 13 Trial (on another machine, not your server machine), pull the API files  (in the \php\FileMaker directory) from that, and replace the FMS 11 files in  \php\FileMaker\  (be sure to save the originals in another location in case this causes more problems than it solves).

Hi All,

I am using IIS 7 ,Filemaker 11 and PHP 5.2.17.

​IIRC PHP 5.2.11 is the supported version for FMS11.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By HOnza
      [FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE]
      24U Software updates fmRESTor for FileMaker(R) Server 18
      The popular PHP connector for FileMaker Data API adds support for new features of FileMaker Server 18 and for easy deployment using Composer

Prague, CZ -- August 1, 2019 -- 24U Software has released a new version of the popular open-source PHP library designed for PHP developers to easily integrate their code with the RESTful FileMaker Data API without having to learn the FileMaker Data API itself.
      The new version brings support for all new features added to the FileMaker Data API with the recent release of FileMaker Server 18, while maintaining full compatibility with the FileMaker Server 17 Data API as well.
      fmRESTor is now also available via Composer, a popular application-level package manager for the PHP programming language that provides a standard format for managing dependencies of PHP software and required libraries. Using Composer makes it even easier for PHP developers to maintain future compatibility of their code depending on fmRESTor.

Features of fmRESTor:
      One object class conveniently handles everything Automatically generates authentication token Re-uses existing token to avoid unnecessary additional connections Automatically re-generates expired token Handles exceptions and provides meaningful error results Can handle raw form data for easier container uploads Provides customizable debug logging  
      Features added in the new version:
      Simple way to run a script and wait for its result with FileMaker Server 18 Methods for gathering information about FileMaker Server 18 and the accessed database Support for easily gathering value lists, i.e. for populating selects Added to Composer to make it easier for developers to maintain dependencies  
      Requirements
      fmRESTor requires PHP 5.6 or newer, including PHP 7, with support for cURL, and a FileMaker Server 17 or 18 to connect to.

Availability and Pricing
      fmRESTor is available free of charge as open source, licensed under the "GNU LGPLv3" License. 24U greatly appreciates any feedback and contributions, but cannot provide free support for the tool. Developers may hire 24U to help them with their projects, either by purchasing paid support or by utilizing 24U's custom development services.
      More information: https://www.24usoftware.com/fmrestor

About 24U Software
      With customers in 68 countries and 28 years of experience with the FileMaker platform, 24U excels in developing new or taking care of existing custom apps, optimizing their performance, identifying and resolving potential issues and liabilities, improving reliability, stability and scalability, integrating them with other systems including various hardware devices, and extending them beyond expectation.
      As a platinum member of the FileMaker Business Alliance, 24U helps global businesses around the world to maintain sustainable growth by working with their in-house developers or completely taking care of the maintenance and development of their business solutions.

Customer contact:
      HOnza Koudelka
      Software Division Manager, 24U s.r.o.
      sales@24usoftware.com
      https://www.24usoftware.com

Press Contact:
      pr@24uSoftware.com
      ###

(c)2019 24U s.r.o. All rights reserved. 24U, 24U Software, and fmRESTor are trademarks of 24U s.r.o. FileMaker is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.
    • By FMRadio
      Basic Question:
      I am attempting to import 60 records from a CSV file. There are 4 fields per record: First Name, Last Name, Email and Source. 
      When I choose Import Records... > File... from the File menu, everything looks good, 4 data points point to the correct field names: arrow icon "Import this field" but the rest are the double dots icon, "Don't import this field," and when I click on the Import button only the first record is imported.
      I don't use Filemaker frequently enough to remember everything but when I need it, I really need it. I do not remember having to go thru and changing every icon in the Import dialog to import this field, I thought that was automatic.
      I there something missing in the CSV file? I can reprocess that if required. Having to indicate to import for every record will be tedious.
      Thanks in advance for any help.

• By ZoinksScoob
      I just upgraded my Mac OS to Mojave (10.14.4).  I am running FMP Advanced 11.0v4, and my databases are in FP7 format (due to a legacy system at work.)  I now have a repeatable "glitch" where if I perform a find in a database and there are no records that come up as results (i.e., no records match the find), regardless which choice I make next (Cancel or Modify Find), the app quits and I keep getting the window to send the issue to Apple. I can immediately re-open the database, though usually the last 2-3 changes I made weren't saved.  Other than the obvious option of upgrading the app, does anyone know of a workaround for this? Thanks in advanc.
    • By JH Howland
      Filemaker Pro 11 is running on two Windows 10 computers connected as Host and Client over a network.
      The script to import data from an Excel .csv file utilizes the following script step options:
          1. Un-Checked - Specify data source - File
          2. Check - Specify import order, Import Action
              a. Select - Update existing records in found set
              b. Check - Don't import first record (contains field names)
          3. Check - Perform without dialog
      When the Import script is run from the Host computer, and the desired .csv file is manually selected, the Excel first row field names are not imported and the second row with the data is imported as expected. (See Host Import Mapping)
      When the same script is run from the Client computer, the Excel first row field names are imported and not the second row data.  To get the proper result, I have to leave the check box for "Perform without dialog" unchecked and then manually, from the "Import Action" group, check the box for "Don't import first record (contains field names)" to get the proper data imported. (See Client Import Mapping, check box is no longer checked)
      Is this caused by a defect in FMP 11?  I can't figure out why this is happening.

• By JH Howland
      After my Windows 10 based Filemaker Pro 11 MarinaPro Solution is launched (Path = C:/MarinaPro/Marina.fp7), I need to create a variable ($$source = filewin:/C:/MarinaPro/ResScheduler/) to a revised default "Open File" path.  Because I need to select from several reservation request attachment Excel .csv files, placed in the ResScheduler directory by an Outlook 2010 Macro, my "Import Records" script is set with an "unspecified" data source.
      When my script is activated with Error Capture "Off", I get the obligatory Filemaker Pro Error message, "The file <unknown> could not be found..." and the "Open File window is still set to "Look in: "MarinaPro" (Default).  And, of course with Error Capture "On" there is no Open File window presented.
      I have to manually select and import the first Excel.csv file before the default directory becomes "ResScheduler".
      I want my default "Open File" "Look in:" directory changed from "MarinaPro" to "ResScheduler" before I open the first Excel.csv file.
      Is there a way, nothing I have tried is working.
      Import.pdf

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.