List view or Portal in Webdirect.

This topic is 3223 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello.

I have an a solution with some web direct layyouts for my customer. In On Open file script, when customer enter the layout will create a global variable $$Loginname and after that on all layouts they should see only their records related to the $$Loginname. 

Right now i use a portal with filter Customer = $$Loginname.

Question: What is faster? List view with script on enter that will find related records or portal with filter.

Really the problem is that my customer have a big latency( because they live in Russia, and my server in China) and when they scroll portal there always an a processing bar in center of browser. 

Or you have other options?

Thank you.

Unless you're dealing with relatively large found sets of data, the performance difference between a portal and a list view is going to be negligible.  The biggest impact on performance is going to be un-stored calculation fields and your best bet to avoid having a processing bar on the screen when they scroll down a list would be to use as few of them as possible.

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

Unless you're dealing with relatively large found sets of data, the performance difference between a portal and a list view is going to be negligible.  The biggest impact on performance is going to be un-stored calculation fields and your best bet to avoid having a processing bar on the screen when they scroll down a list would be to use as few of them as possible.

​How can i do this process bar? I have some free solution where is a script with a process bar, but how can do it with loading records on list view?

This topic is 3223 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.