Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hosted DB not viewable by "open remote"

This topic is 3283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I must be missing something very fundamental here.  I created a bare bones file using FMPro Advanced, loaded it to the server, it shows as active status on the FM Server console, but when I go to open remote, or create a relationship - its not there!

Any ideas?

With "loaded to the server" did you use the FMP upload mechanism or just put it there yourself?

Remember that at least one account needs to have the "fmapp" extended privilege turned on.  The FMP upload feature does that for you if you forget, but if you manually put the file on FMS you have to do it yourself.

Also; in the FMS admin console, is the file listed with a full black circle under FMP or a half circle?

Thanks Wim for the response and pertinent questions - should have covered those in the OP.  Loaded the file on the server using the FMPro Sharing>Upload to server menu command.

Full black circle under FMP

Got it - user error.  When I created this DB, I failed to add my account name as full access.  It was hosted with only the default "Admin" full access account, and when I tried to open remote using my account rather than admin,the files were hidden. 

Rookie mistake...

This topic is 3283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.