Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Extra Record

Thaigringo

This topic is 3288 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I made a file using the Invoices Starter Solution. I then added additional functionality to also do Purchase orderss.

I we started using the solution. I made a clone of the solution so I could continue the UI Design phase and when it was ready I imported the records from the old solution.

The problem is that when I imported the Company Dashboard, It seems to have created a phantom record that I can't delete. As you can see from the atached screenshots, the found records show 2 but in table view only one shows and all the buttons having to do with record keeping are greyed out and no Records button menu.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

ScreenShot.jpg

ScreenShot2.jpg

Did you try Records > Show All Records and going to the second record to delete it?

Dashboards usually only have one record.  Take a copy of your file and try deleting the second of those two records.  Normally you want to use tight validation to ensure only one record ever is allowed in Preferences, Globals, Admin, and Dashboard -type tables.  A great protection is to:

1. Have a field called OneRecordOnly (or similar) data type number, which is set to auto-enter a 1 in the Options > Auto-Enter > Data box.
  2. On Validations, set to 'validate data' ALWAYS and uncheck 'Allow User to Override.  Also 'require unique'

Remember use a copy of your file and not your good one.  :-)

• Newbies

Thanks LaRetta,

Unfortunately none of the record buttons function. They are all greyed out no matter what mode I am in so the show all button has no effect. They work with all other layouts.

No matter what i try I cannot delete the second record.

Any other suggestions?

• Newbies

Don't Know what the problem was but I found the solution.

I created a new layout in table view using Company Dashboard as the source.

I opened this layout and all the record buttons worked. I was then able to delete the offending record and all is well in Whoville...

Thanks

This topic is 3288 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.