FM Server 14 Compatible with OS X Server?

This topic is 3252 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Any word on whether FM Server 14 has changed compatibility with OS X Server (e.g. stock OS X but running Server.app)?    In FM Server 13 it wasn't officially supported but many folks made it work with some simple modifications to Apache.

You can run server.app along with FM Server (13 and 14) so long as you do NOT run the web services in server.app. The only snag I've run into is you may need to do a clean reinstall FM Server after getting server.app installed. It is officially supported, that hasn't changed.

FMS14 does seem to have better compatibility with OS X server app, thought it's not entirely clear.    On page 76 of https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/docs/14/en/fms14_getting_started.pdf it says

Using the Apache web server in OS X

You do not need to enable the Apache web server that is installed with OS X, nor do you need to have the OS X Server application installed. In fact, the FileMaker Server installer creates its own instance of the Apache web server on both the master and worker machines and configures this web server to use port 80 for HTTP and port 443 for HTTPS (or the alternative ports you specify); on the master machine, the installer also configures its Apache web server to use port 16000 for Admin Console via HTTPS. If you have enabled the Apache web server that is already installed with OS X, the FileMaker Server installer prompts you to let it disable any existing website using port 80 or 443, or to specify alternative ports, before it can continue.

If you have the OS X Server application installed and use it to enable any HTTP services (for example, websites or the wiki), the existing Apache instance may be re-enabled after
FileMaker Server is installed.
Therefore to ensure the Apache instance used by FileMaker Server works normally, you may need to configure any other HTTP services to use different ports from the ports that FileMaker Server uses, disable other HTTP services, or uninstall the OS X Server application. 

(bold emphasis is mine) - this seems to suggest that they are compatible as long as the 80, 443 and 16000 ports are not overlapping.

I noticed that when installing FMS14 you are given a choice of HTTP and HTTPS ports to use : I don't remember that choice when installing FMS13.    That's a new feature then, right?  Or am I mis-remembering FMS13?

More Info.    I've tried this twice so I'm pretty sure it's a bug in FileMaker Server 14v1.

If Deployment Assistant's Step 5 (Webserver Test) fails, simply reboot.

Detailed steps for Installing FMS14v1 on OS X Yosemite (10.10.3) with Server.app

1. Be sure that OS X Server.app / Websites is turned OFF
  2. Install FMS14.  Upon installation, you can choose which ports to use for HTTP and HTTPS.   80 and 443 are the defaults, but are already in use by OS X Server.app.   So I chose 8080 and 8082.
  3. However, when I get to Server Deployment  step 5 (Test) the Web server test fails.   Nothing I can do at this point fixes it, except for simply rebooting the Mac.
  4. After rebooting, I navigate back to FMS14 Admin Console which takes me back into the Deployment assistant, and this time the Webserver Test works fine.

This topic is 3252 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.