Portal Field Calculation

Dennis

This topic is 3291 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a filemaker solution similar to filemaker 13 invoicing solution with the same relationship diagram

Except on the customer detail layout where it has the 2 portals for paid and unpaid i have a portal from Products

I have a field on the Portal called Product:Item and another field that sums Invoice Data:Qty

what i want is for the field that sums the Invoice Data:Qty to display is the total number of Product:Item bought by the current customer on the Customer Detail Layout

right now it is displaying the total quantity bought by all the customer and not the current customer.

Im new to this so hope i explained it ok and thanks

1. In invoice Data, create a summary field as “Total of” Qty; call it, say, sTotalOfQty
(If the field you mentioned already is a summary field that does this, skip this step.)

2. Create a new table occurrence of Invoice Data; call it, say, InvoiceData_forSummary

3. Relate it to the Products table via the Product ID Match Field in both tables.

4. Put InvoiceData_forSummary::sTotalOfQty into the Product portal (or use the existing field, but redefine it to come from the newly created table occurrence InvoiceData_forSummary).

• Newbies

Thanks for help.

Still getting the same result though.

It is giving me a total of each product that has been bought by all customers and not for the current customer only 

Thanks

The portal doesn't constrain you in any way in the choice of fields you put into it; its up to you to choose fields that give correct results as per their origin …

Anyway – the “Specify Field” dialog has a popup at the top from which you can select a table occurrence (what FMI calls “Tables”); choose InvoiceData_forSummary, then select your summary field..

btw, I've totally forgotten that this still only gives you a summary value for all products; please look into the attached sample file to see how a script trigger (layout setup for Customer layout) sets a global field in Products that constrains the related records from InvoiceData_forSummary to line items from the invoices of the current customer. Means that this only works when you look at one customer at a time. 

SpecificCustomerSummary_eos.fmp12.zip

PS: Please fill in your profile so we know your FM version and OS and can give better informed advice.

This topic is 3291 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.