Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Send Mail not working - Microsoft Outlook

Darren Emery

This topic is 3277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

A few years ago I abandoned Send Mail via client when FM and MS Outlook refused to get along after an update.   I had a dozen or so automated emails that failed when we upgraded, and rather than fight the battle, I switched to SMTP. 

I am currently creating a new solution, ground up, for a client, and sending email via Outlook is preferred.  Does anyone know why Outlook has so much trouble with Send Mail?

Specifically, when I run the Send Mail button function, an email form is opened, but the system will not copy the email address from a field on Filemaker to the "To" field on the email form. Information will transfer to the subject and body of the email, but not the address lines. 

Anyone deal with this issue successfully?

Edited by Darren Emery

I'm unable to give you the reference off the top of my head, but I did read that if you're using the 64-bit version of Filemaker Pro it is unable to interact with external 32-bit applications.  If you're using a Mac, Outlook 2011 is a 32-bit app.  I haven't tested whether or not it actually works or not, but maybe that points you in the right direction.

Edit: I guess that assumes you're using FM14...

Edited by James Gill

This topic is 3277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.