EmailSetBody returns ERROR on server

This topic is 3255 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm having a problem with the EmailSetBody function when run on the server. I have a script that generates some report information into a text variable that will be the email body. The text is passed via parameter to a Send Mail script using Perform Script on Server. Eventually this will be a scheduled script that runs entirely on the server. The Email plugin is installed on both my Mac and the server.

If I set the info generation script to simply Perform the Send Mail script, it works perfectly.

If I set the info generation script to run the same Send Mail script via Perform Script on Server, the EmailSetBody portion returns ERROR.

I broke up each part of the email generation sequence in Send Mail so it would exit and return any error at any step. EmailRegister, EmailConnectSMTP and EmailCreate all work fine and return 1. EmailSetBody always returns ERROR. I thought it might be something in the text I'm passing over, but it returns ERROR even if I simply hard code EmailSetBody( "This should be plain text" ; "plain" ).

To make sure, I verified that the Email plugin can be accessed by the server scripts. I was able to call EmailVersion in a server side script and have it return 1.973.

What am I missing here? Is there a difference or restriction between calling EmailSetBody locally and on the server?

Hi Dean,

The first thing to do is to update your email 1 plugin to the newest version, 1.99 . If you are still having issues after the update, can you tell me what the specific error is you are seeing? 

This topic is 3255 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.