This topic is 3184 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Version 12 broke the input streams for barcode readers.  Best of my knowledge that didn't get fixed then.  I never found a solution.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet on 14.  My new job has limited use for barcodes, but we do a little.  Does anybody know if this has been fixed in 13 or 14?

That do you mean 'broke the input streams for barcode readers'?

My main client has been using a variety of Bluebooth scanners in v11, 12, now they are all in v13 and testing for v14.

We have had no issues at all.  Symbol and Wasp brand scanners, various models.

Jerry

Well, good question.  We had some fairly standard barcode readers.  Plug them in a USB Port & go.

Here is the original post.  Only 2 of us, so maybe it wasn't widespread.  Had something to do with OnLayoutKeyStroke.  I never got the workaround to actually work.  My issue was having to scan keystroke by keystroke, as some unsavory characters were sent in.  Couldn't do that in V12.

I should rephrase the Title: Barcode Readers & OnLayoutKeyStroke

From what I've seen and tested with v14, the issue with the onlayoutkeystroke trigger issue (which was a really sore issue for me a few years back) hasn't been resolved, and might never be.  For barcode scanning, I use the OnObjectExit trigger instead.  This means that I need to program the scanner to include a CR (newline) code at the tail, as this is the only way to have it automatically move the focus out of the field.   I suppose you could also use the TAB, but I haven't tested that out.

• 1 month later...

This topic is 3184 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.