360 works help!

This topic is 3264 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi guys! I recently purchased the HTML 360 works plug-in for filemaker mail, y did not realize it is for people more advanced and with some scripts knowledge, I don´t have a clue as how to use it, I already have the plug in in the filemaker extensions folder, and now what? please any help will be very much appreciated, i am´in a ver urgent need to send out a mail campaign to activate my business (which by the way is music) 

I already looked for tutorial, and the ones I found don´t explain how to use 360works for really really beginners 

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide me with

PabloT

Welcome to the forum, PabloT

360 works makes some great plugins, as many developers use them to expand what's possible inside of the FileMaker system.

With as powerful as this particular plugin is, it's expected that the developer has some <medium> scripting and general FM knowledge.  I believe they state this in the manual as well.  Otherwise you're going to be spending a lot of time trying to figure things out, or just plain give up because it's too frustrating.  

Unless you've got a specific question, we won't be able to help you here much.  If you just can't understand the plugin all-around, then I would suggest hiring a knowledable FM developer (like 360 works) to help you out.  Honestly, I doubt anyone here is going to go through that much effort without some kind of compensation.  

• Like 1

Hi PabloT and welcome to the FMForums,

Just because you own a plugin, doesn’t mean you have to use it to accomplish what you are after.

Why don’t you tell us what it is you are trying to do within your FileMaker solution, and chances are we can help you get it done in native FileMaker Pro.

Lee

• Like 1

Hi Pablo,

I'm sorry to see that you are having trouble getting started. I recommend that you check out our documentation to get yourself going. Since you look to be pretty new to plugins start with our Plugins 101 page here. It looks like you are using our Email plugin ( or maybe CloudMail?) so next check out our Email plugin documentation page here. That page has a description of all of the functions and some example usage. Once you have a better understanding check out the example files that come with the download of the email plugin. They include a demo example file as well as an example client that has pre-made scripts in it to better familiarize yourself with using the plugin. 

As far as getting started with FileMaker, this forum has an abundance of knowledge with a lot members willing to help. Of course there are also plenty of video tutorials out there on youtube, lynda.com,etc. 

Please let us know if you run into any issues!

Edited by ryan360Works
  • Like 1

• Newbies

Thank you very much for your replies, from what I see in your posts, i think what I should do is the following first as Lee suggest I will try to explain what it is that i want to do.

I have a basic to medium filemaker knowledge I already built a pretty large database to manage my customers (I am in a music band ) I have my customer base already in the database I built, i can quote, invoice, create purchase orders, event program, payrols, etc. etc. Note: I don´t do scripting, i use what is built in Filemaker. I often send out mailing campaigns in plain text format, my idea of getting 360 works is, to be able to send my mailing campaigns, using HTML format, to make my messages look more colorful, with images and links to my web page, etc.

Secondly, as Ryan suggets i will throughly read the documentation, and see if i can get a grasp of 360 works, using tutorials etc. 

Thirdly, if first and second options don´t work, As Brent said, I will try to get a developer and work from there.  

Thank you very much guys, I really appreciate your help, and if any issues arise y will ask again for help

Hi Pablo,

If you are going to send mass amounts of emails on a regular basis you might want to check out our plugin Cloud Mail. It uses Amazon's Simple Email Service to send out emails freeing your machine's resources to do other things as well as circumvents any limits of your ISP or SMTP server. You can read more about it here http://360works.com/cloudmail . 

If you decide to find a developer, we also do FileMaker development. If you are interested in us helping you with your solution you can fill out this form to request a free estimate. 

Good luck with your database! Let us know if you have any questions or need anything else!

• Like 1

This topic is 3264 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.