Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Cluster Mapping Portal Data

Ziphius

This topic is 3229 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've got a database (see attached) that collects data in 2 tables, the parent "Survey" table which collects the date of the survey and the location of the shore platform (latitude & longitude). The platform is on the edge of a cliff where we look out for marine mammals and turtles and fix their position using a theodolite. These animal fixes are collected in a child table "contacts" with the species name and the latitude and longitude of the position. I want to be able to plot the contacts at various levels (all contacts, or just the contacts for that survey day (it's portal records). The ability to also show the Shore Station on the map as a different symbol in addition to the contacts, would also be a great help.

I've incorporated the Easymaps (http://timdietrich.me/fmeasymaps/) script which can plot "found sets" but I'm at a loss on how I could tweak the code so that I can plot found sets filtered by Species ("First" field) or by Survey. You will see much of the code for dealing with addresses is still there. If you can tell me where to default the map to "satellite" view, great!.

Since these surveys are often done in areas with no internet connection, I don't imagine there is an easy way to map without internet? Thank you much!

ClusterMappingEasyMaps.zip

Edited by Ziphius

After some thought, I realized that since the fmEasymaps script is already cluster plotting records that are flagged as "Active" in the Status field, I can create a new field called "Filter" where I choose the species that I wish to have plotted. The Status field can then become a calculation that inputs "Active" when the Filter variable is equal to Species. 

I was able to get the cluster mapping to work in my example file but for the life of me can't seem to get it to work in my primary database. Essentially I'm trying to map a found set of coordinates from the "C Fixes" table. When you click the mapping button, you can either run the "map selected species" or "map found set" scripts. I've attached both files. If someone could get the master file to work like the example file, I would be truly indebted. I'm banging my head against the wall. Thanks.

ClusterMapping.zip

Edited by Ziphius
resolved some of my previous questions

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing I won't get very far with this thread but what the heck, I'm giving it a shot. I've attached the error messages I get from the web viewer as well as the main script and calculation that the web viewer uses to plot the cluster points. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Also, there seems to be issues with plotting single points using the Brian Dunning custom function (https://www.briandunning.com/cf/1087), where it plots fine on FM13 for Windows but I get a gray box when using FM13 on a Mac with Yosemite.

ClusterMapError.zip

This topic is 3229 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.