Server Maintenance This Week. ×

New Layouts and Adding Fields

A G

This topic is 3250 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have been working with FM 13 and it has been a thorn in my side now for sometime that the old layout creation ability to have all fields added to a layout upon creation is gone now, or so at least I have discerned.  My question is there a way to add all fields for a table in one action now to a layout without dragging each individual field on to the layout?

I have been working with FM 13 and it has been a thorn in my side now for sometime that the old layout creation ability to have all fields added to a layout upon creation is gone now,

Hi

go to: Edit > Preferences > Layout tab to check the relative box.

Edited by Raybaudi
  • Like 1

• Newbies

Well, feeling a little silly.  There it was in the preferences section afterall, I'm still not sure how that got away from me.  Thank you all very much.

• Newbies

Well, feeling a little silly.  There it was in the preferences section afterall, I'm still not sure how that got away from me.  Thank you all very much.

I fear I was too quick to assume the answer was what I needed.  That will add newly created fields.  I wish to have all fields for a table be added to a newly created layout.

That was the answer to your perplexity.

The answer to how add multiple fields to a layout is the Kris's one: use the field picher ( the tool near the show/hide inspector )

capture-20150617-203456.png

Edited by Raybaudi

The good thing about the new field picker is that you can sort the list of fields first, select all and then unselect specific fields (using command-select)  - all before you drag the bunch to the layout.  

This topic is 3250 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.