Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Import .csv record only if NO Match is found

This topic is 3229 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am creating an import feature for a web form that generates a csv file.  I can't count on the user to always select the correct files to import, so I need to find a way to check for a matching record, and NOT import if a match exists.  There is a unique ID# generated for each form submitted as a csv file.

I also need to allow auto-enter functions so that a field is set to a particular value on the destination file. 

I would like to limit user input as much as possible, and script as much of this import as possible, but the schema and logic is escaping me at this time.  Any suggestions?

Try using validation on the ID - validate always do not allow override, must be unique.  If the validation fails, the record will not be imported.

If you begin the import with Set Error Capture [ on ], then the User won't even know which records failed.

Edited by LaRetta

LaRetta - Fantastic!  Validation worked perfectly, and so simple.  Thank you!!!!

BTW - I have the import set to perform without dialog, so the error message does not show to indicate failed import - it just doesn't import. 

This topic is 3229 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.