WebDirect 14 running slow

This topic is 3216 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a dedicated server that exceeds the server requirements and I recently upgraded from FMS13 to FMS14 but I am experiencing an odd performance problem with WebDirect. Version 14 seems to run faster from all browsers but if I leave a web page for about 1 min and run a different application in the foreground (ie check/respond to email), when I come back to the browser and attempt to continue working in my WebDirect session my page loads extremely slow and the spinning wheel comes displays for about 45 seconds then the page responds. 

Any ideas what could cause this?

For the benefit of the forum I have an update on this problem. After working with Filemaker tech support and trying a number of servers, workstations, browsers and databases I narrowed the problem to using Webdirect from workstations with Kaspersky Pure 3.0 and if I setup an exclusion to not scan the hosting domain then the problem went away. I asked tech support why this wasn't a problem in FMS13 and the tech thought it might have to do with a new "re-logon technology' implemented in FMS14. One technician suggested that Filemaker recommends disabling Antivirus scanning when accessing a Filemaker database and I expressed my opinion this was an unreasonable solution particularly with a web application. I tried on workstations using a few of the other popular AV programs and did not experience any problems. So at this point I think the problem is solved and beyond this problem the upgrade to FMS14 has been working great.

This topic is 3216 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.