Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Stalling with "GetURLasContainer"

This topic is 3237 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a solution that I have been running for years that graphs from Google and inserts them into a container field using "GetURLasContainer". Recently it has been hanging on downloading the graphics. Permanently. Anyone else seeing this? We are running 13 server and clients. The stall happens on both a mac and pc clients. I have attached an example file. Once you open it you can click the "graph it" check box to have it execute the graphing and download into the container. Works most of the time...one at a time. But if you have it graph a bunch of records (by replace all in the "graph it" check box) it hangs after a few are graphed and the containers are set… Ideas? Graphing Example.fmp12

Graphing Example.fmp12

Hi Bailey,

This sounds like you may be running out of memory. The only way for me to be sure is to take a look at your logs. Check this page for log locations. You can email them to me at [email protected] . Be sure to replicate the issue before sending. I will take a look and let you know what I see.

Bailey,

I took a look at your logs and it doesn't look like you are running out of memory. I tried to replicate what you are seeing on my Mac but was able to check and uncheck all the boxes at once several times without a hang. Does this happen with hosted files and local files?

Thanks for looking. It happens locally and hosted and on macs and PCs. When I do the replace all on my Mac it starts but after a few it hangs. Also I run FM Pro Advanced 14.0.1 (mac) and FM Pro 13.0v3 (PC) both do it. 

This topic is 3237 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.