Performing finds based on checkbox value lists

This topic is 3204 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a field called TASKS that lists activities that happen on a regular basis at my cabinet shop.  A second field called CERTIFICATION lists who is trained to perform any particular task.  The second field is populated with a checkbox list with worker's names.

I would like to be able to perform a find (based on worker's names) to see what activities a particular worker has been certified at.   The problem I have when I use the value list to select the worker is it also by default puts a check in his or box to indicate competency.

Is there a way to select a particular worker name and perform a find to see which specific activities this worker is (or is not) certified to perform?

This is the basic many-to-many relationship.  Your CERTIFICATION table needs to be a join table, between a WORKERS table and a TASKS table. It will contain a workerID field, a taskID field, and other information about that worker's certification at that task (date certified, etc). Each record contains information about one worker and one task.

A portal in WORKERS can then show all tasks certified, and a portal in TASKS can show all workers certified in that task.

Edited by doughemi

This topic is 3204 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.