Server Maintenance This Week. ×

No error, no sync, FMSE hangs

This topic is 3209 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

Bit of a problem here. We have a app working and syncing for some time now. My coworkers don't have data connecton during the day but sample data and when they get in the office use wifi to connect and synchronise. Everybody happy until a few days ago when it stopped syncing.

I can see we have still connection to the server on filemaker server. I can log on to the solution from my filemaker pro desktop and that seems all right. On the filemaker server one cpu gets locked up at 100% and the logfile shows activity in the 'send payload segment to client' script: see illustration.

There seems to be a loop where connection and database continuously are opened and closed.

Any idea what happened and how I can resolve it?

thanks for reading, have a nice day

Bert

fmse_logfiel.thumb.png.fc69898d3a57fc7d5

Edited by bertmaker

Are you trying to sync a lot of data at once? Like if someone took a video instead of a photo?

Hi Dan,

At first I didn't think this could be the problem as my users can only use the scriptstep "insert from device" type camera, not the video camera option. And I only had like 7 or 8 pictures in total.

But I saw the app was (in webdirect) very slow compared to another I have for testing without photo's. So I used a test in which I removed all photo's and tried to sync again.

This was the finger on the weak spot, all records were synced in a few seconds!

So, my solution is: "don't make pictures" but that will be a problem since the users need those pictures to document their work. No pictures is fast but useless.

Any way, thanks for the tip, it was very beneficial in troubleshooting!

Edited by bertmaker

This topic is 3209 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.