Server Maintenance This Week. ×

integrating d3.js into web viewers

I attempted to integrate the d3.js library into a FileMaker web viewer to display FileMaker data and am coming up with a mostly blank screen.

I was following the very cool tutorial by Matt Petrowsky from here:  http://www.filemakermagazine.com/videos/beautiful-interactive-custom-charts

Anyone able to take a peek and tell me where I went wrong?

d3js_attempt.fmp12

Here ya go, Steven. I opted to put the libraries into their own table for easier debugging and readability.

You will get the basic idea was you crack open the file,

Have fun!!!

dwdc_d3js.zip

• Like 1

Thanks a lot.  I was scratching my head with regard to why Matt had all that code living in text objects on the layout. This approach certainly seems more straightforward.  Now to see if I can get this working with some of the cooler charting scripts at d3js.org  thanks again. :)

• Like 1

Ummm - not really. It is raw FileMaker. I am not setup at the moment with a WebDirect testing environment (working on a few cloud data systems currently). Maybe someone else can shine some light on this.

Sorry I cannot be more help now. Good luck!

• 8 years later...

Just came across this thread which FINALLY allowed me to connect my FMP data with a chart. It's been 4 years in the making.... However, I'd like to NOT have the donut be 3D. Is this difficult to accomplish with your method?