Disable Maximize on-load

Drusus

This topic is 3160 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I have a pretty extensive Database going but I simply do not want the end-user to maximize the window. Now I know I can disable maximize when opening a new window so I made a main menu layout that forces people to click a button to bring them to the different parts of the DB which will open a new windows while keeping the main menu screen open in the back ground. In this way I disable the maximize ability on opening a new window.

My question is thus...how can I simply disable maximize window ability on the first layout. I have a layout that I use as a splash screen and attempted to have that open the first layout in a new window during the 3/4 seconds its displaying opening screen, disable the maximize and then close itself...not sure if this is possible but all it did was close the new layout I was trying to open.

Is there a way to do this? Either right at opening of splash screen (layout) or have the splash screen automatically opened a new window then close itself?

Thanks for any help.

The reason mr_vodka is asking is that FileMaker 12 introduced modal window options that can do what you're asking.

This topic is 3160 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.