Server Maintenance This Week. ×

output from a search form

This topic is 8302 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm having a problem with the results I'm retrieving from a search form. I have the form set up to where the user can search for an event by date and and location. Right now I have a dynamic drop down list with three locations. The problem is that somehow the data is not being filtered correctly. When I search for the FIRST location with a particular date, the results appear correctly. However, when I do a search with the second or third location, the results are frequently mixed up. For instance, I'll search for location2 with a date that location2 is NOT assigned to in the db. But the results will show location3 with that date, which is not what i asked for. (If neither location2 or location3 are assigned to the date, then I get the correct error message). So it appears that somewhere location2 and location3 are mixed up. But I've checked everywhere in the files. In the fm db itself, everything checks out. BUt on the Web, data get distorted. I sure hope this makes sense. THanks shocked.gif" border="0

Are you using the -LOP command, it defaults to or which means just one of the fields has to match the search. If you but a hidden field with -LOP equalling AND then the search has to match both fields

Simon

I checked on the -lop, but this has not made a difference in my results. From reading the forum, I realize that -lop doesn't really work that well. What bothers me is that the -lop's flaws aren't even consistent. For example, in my db, I have two drop down menus, one for date and one for location. In one instance, there is an event at all three locations on 6/21. When I search for 6/21 and location1, it works correctly. However, when I search for 6/21 and location2, it will also bring up records for location3, and vice versa. Anyway, I'm going to keep looking at it...maybe it IS my db, but I can't find anything wrong with the data. Maybe I'll try a simpler approach, since fm can't seem to grasp anything somewhat sophisticated.

It is not surprising to see that Lasso does not support the cdml -lop. I have been posting on these forums for some time now that FileMaker supports neither -lop nor -op cdml tags in straight html as search criteria. They can be used on a format file in an If... statement. That is why I am constantly posting about the exact search feature and the related search (find) options which are supported through cdml/html.

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: Keith M. Davie ]

I would suggest staying away from -lop if you plan to upgrade to Lasso in the future at all. It doesn't support it through it's Web Companion communications with Filemaker.

Using calculation fields, or filtering your search results with [if] statements, is a way around using -lop.

- John

This topic is 8302 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.