Server Maintenance This Week. ×

PDF Error when using Portals with sliding objects

Matt Malyschko

This topic is 3145 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've been previously generated PDFs from layouts that have portals with sliding objects with no issues.

I've lately been trying to do this and have been receiving an error. The error only occurs when 2 or more portals are on the print layout and only when set with sliding objects. And causes it to break the print and not show those portals.

I thought it could be 64 bit issue but both Adobe and FMP are 64 bit versions AFAIK

I could use a temporary print table but am trying to avoid this and quite simply just want to know why it's happening :(

pdf_error.png

Tried using FireFox instead of Acrobat? Adobe is by 2015 bloat ware.

OK so I seem to be able to open the PDF in Google Chrome without an error, seemingly making it an Adobe issue.. This does happen on more PC's (running Windows 7-10) than just my own, but does not occur on Mac.

This doesn't solve my problem though as I need to use the 'Open file automatically' option for my client and they are unlikely to want to change all PDFs to opening with chrome.

I would not want to use Chrome myself either, please choose FireFox or Chromium.

Chrome is a market analytics tool dressed up as a web browser; the other two however are web browsers.

This topic is 3145 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.