Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sub Portal: Limiting View Based on Main Portal

chuckcou

This topic is 3153 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

GOAL:  I would like to either click on a button within main portal and in doing so the Sub Portal FK activate those records that match the Portals PK.

CURRENT PROBLEM:  When I am within the Main Portal if I want to time-stamp PK record 6 I would have to manually type it into the FK.  In addition, it would get confusing because it is showing TimeStamps from both of the Main Portals PK.

HELP REQUESTING(Thanks in advance): I would like to write a script that when I click on a button within the Main Portal it only SHOWS those records within the sub portal that are related to that PK.

EXAMPLE:  Within Main Portal:{See Figure 1 below} I click on the red button.  In doing so, the Sub Portal only shows items with a FK of 6.  I am hoping then I can go to the last row and add a new time stamp within the Sub Portal should I choose.

THANKS:  I know your time is valuable and I am really an grateful.:)

FileMakerSubPortal.thumb.jpg.62bc212868e

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

FileMakerEXample.thumb.jpg.ed9164aa48ecc

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

FileMakerRelationships.thumb.jpg.03c2779

Edited by chuckcou

Yep, Exactly what I meant.  Looking over your code now.

Interesting Relationships.  gSelectedChildID?  Hmm don't get it totally.  I see g for global.  I will work on this in the morning, but yes you done it.  Thanks for the quick response, too

Edited by chuckcou

This topic is 3153 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.