Server Maintenance This Week. ×

All my layouts has to be printed via PDF or Preview to get it printed correctly

Knut Ottem

This topic is 3139 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

My problem is that all my layouts has to be printed via PDF or Preview to get it printed correctly.

If a send it to a printer (via a generic printer script) it seems to be 2 or 3 lines more, and therefor incorrect for the form.
I mostly use A4 Portrait.

The problem started when I tried to make Leading Grand Summary after variable Lines (Body). Then  I was advised to  use Attend to get it correct to PDF.
I did so, but it still  failed on the printout. Then I removed the Leading Grand Summary, and the Attend to PDF,
but the result was negative. The funny thing was that the problem is not just on the layout where I used the  Leading Grand Summary, but  on the plain layouts for single printouts as well.

Anybody knowing how to fix it ?

Best regards

Edited by Knut Ottem

Data entry layouts and printable layouts fill different needs and are rarely the same.

Its good practice to create layouts for each need.

Sounds like you need to create a layout specific to conversion to pdf and an A4 portrait orientation printable layout.

Its a learning process to figure out how each control and layout part behaves in print preview mode and then how they render when actually printed or saved as pdf.

Edited by Kris M

If a send it to a printer (via a generic printer script) it seems to be 2 or 3 lines more

It sounds like your printer driver considers the page to be shorter than your layout. Try reducing the height of some of the layout parts. If you need to print the same layout to both printer and PDF, make sure the layout has fixed margins.

This topic is 3139 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.