Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMS14 Install ports in use on Server 2012 R2

physixz

This topic is 3137 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all, many months ago I tried to install FMS13 on Server 2012 R2 which went well apart from a few hiccups.

I am now setting up a new server to host FMS14 again on Server 2012 R2 but I've hit a snag. Unlike last time where FMS13 was the first thing I installed, this time I've installed all of the domain services and setup the domain.

Now when I run the installer it says that the ports are in use. I've tried disabling the processes buts made no difference. There is nothing in IIS that's now using ports 443, 50003 or 50004 but it keeps telling me that they are in use.

Has anybody got any advice?

Thanks George Brewer

From your description, it appears as if you are attempting to run the Domain Controller and FIleMaker Server on the same machine. That is not a good practice.

Also, maybe take a look at http://thefmkb.com/14402 for a discussion of ports on FileMaker® Server 14.

Steven

1. I'm not sure FMS will run on Windows 8.1. If it does, there are somethings that will be crippled.

2. The 20 connection limit of the OS has nothing to do with FMS connections. FMS has its own separate network communication method.

This topic is 3137 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.