Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Report creation and Printing Advice

aguest

This topic is 3138 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'd like some advice on the best way to create reports so that they can be viewed on an iPad but also printed as pdf docs. The reports I need to look at creating would involve a crosstab table, a number of charts and then providing an overall RAG status. The report would need to be viewed on an iPad as that's predominantly how we use FM in my school but also I've want to export it to a pdf doc where so it can be printed.

My thoughts at the moment are using SQL with virtual tables to get the summary data for the crosstab alongside some other virtual tables to collate the other information. Then bringing it all together in a layout.

Is this the most efficient way of doing it or is there something easier?

TIA

Save as PDF is supported on FMGo. I do that all the time, with Auto-Open selected.

We'd need lots more detail as to what obstacles you feel that you're facing on iOS that led you to think "SQL with virtual tables" is the way to go. Perhaps you mean ExecuteSQL( ) and the virtual list technique?

Apologies yes I mean the ExecuteSQL() and virtual list / Temp table technique.

Would you put a button on the report layout to save as pdf or include a save as pdf line in the report creation script.

This topic is 3138 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.