Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Extremely Slow Experience On Server 13

fmsavey

This topic is 3132 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just completed a new solution which I loaded onto our test server for further testing in a multiuser shared environment.  I immediately noticed that everything was running slowly.  Upon opening, a script runs that includes an import step from a SQL database using ODBC and takes about 20 seconds to complete.  In single user mode on a network drive that same step takes less then a second to complete.  I then noticed that all of my scripted finds take very long to complete, like 25 seconds or so.  Long enough to make the solution very painful to use.  In single user mode those scripted finds happen instantly.   By the way, If I perform the same find manually on the server it finds the records immediately.  I also have a popover button that takes like 5 seconds to open the first time. After that it opens instantly.  In single user mode it opens immediately. 

I have many other solutions running on this server a lot larger then this one with no performance issues.   I am at a loss as to why this solution runs so slowly on the server.  I have recovered this file to no avail.  I've also cloned the file with no records and imported the data to no avail.  I also see no unusual server events in the log viewer.

I am looking for ideas to solve this problem and would appreciate any help you may have.

Thank you all.

The solution is relatively small compared to other solutions running on this server.       

This topic is 3132 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.