FMGo Asks for password from webclip with login credentials

This topic is 3108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have created a webclip for iOS with a FMP Url with the format FMP://username:[email protected]/mydatabase.fmp12

I have the extended privilege set to:  fmreauthenticate0 to make testing easy

upon first launch, it works correctly. When I press the home button on the device.. I wait 10 seconds and then I launch from the URL/Webclip I am prompted for login credentials(This shouldnt be because I am passing the credentials in via the URL. If I press cancel as the login screen, it seems to work just continue as it should with the login credentials. I am getting some complaints and confusion from the users about it. 

How do I fix this?

Edited by GisMo

What if you to set the file to launch with a default account? Then you wouldn't need to pass credentials in the webclip. Or does each user get a personalized webclip?

That's what I have; I have the Webclip URL with a generic user account so I can distribute to all the users. Then the startup script takes care of the actual login process.

Also, I've tried storing the "default account" in the ipad keychain but it seems to bypass the startup script...defeating the purpose of the whole app...

Edited by GisMo

I meant that if you tell your FileMaker file to log in with a default account, it won't be necessary to pass credentials via the URL or store it in the OS keychain. The file itself will take care of it.

fileoptions.thumb.PNG.9b80e7727b7976bdfb

Edited by Fitch
  • Like 1

@Fitch That seems to work, but similarly to storing the credentials in the ipad keychain. Unless I "close" the file via script or close manually, whenever I minimize or even force quit filemaker, it will still restore the session last session and last layout the user was on when I choose the webclip. I suppose filemaker go maintains all of the global variables and does some magic behind the scenes to restore the session..Maybe I can attach a script to the webclip url to force a re-login/boot. I'm not sure yet what's best for the users.

Edited by GisMo

It's normal behavior for the user session to be preserved in a single-user file. You'll definitely want to put some thought into this. As a user, I would find it annoying if I needed to send a text or check my email, then came back to find my session evaporated. You mentioned your users were already complaining...

@Fitch I agree. I've also implemented a feature to store the unique deviceID with the User record. When they login the first time, we store the device ID. Subsequent logins search for the deviceID in the user table, if a match is found, we login. If no match, we prompt for password. Also, it prevents more than one device from using the same login.

Also, with using the method you mentioned above, it maintains that preserved session longer. I think this is a good route..for now.

This topic is 3108 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.